Preventative Chiropractic Care:
Most people only think about visiting their chiropractor after an accident or injury. But the fact remains that preventative chiropractic care is just as important as restorative, especially if you are looking for long-term results. Through preventative chiropractic treatments, we are able to improve your overall quality of life and help you strive for optimum wellness. Preventative treatment incorporates recurrent chiropractic adjustments and counseling that can assist those who want to promote wellness and improve their quality of life.
Benefits of Preventative Care:
It is not unusual to have degenerative changes in the spine that will cause chronic or recurring back pain over time. Research shows that more regular chiropractic treatment can prevent degenerative changes from developing. Other benefits of preventative chiropractic care include:
- Better sleep quality – after adjustments, patients often report longer, more sound sleep
- Improved digestive health – many patients report less indigestion, heartburn and bowel irregularity after an adjustment
- Immunity boost – research has shown that chiropractic care improves your central nervous system, thus improving your immune system
- Less anxiety – adjustments quite down the body’s “fight or flight” response to stress
Do I really need preventative care?
We use preventative care in order to prevent future pain or health problems, prevent a relapse and improve overall health. Spinal adjustments and physical therapy helps your body stay at its best and enable your body to draw on its own natural healing abilities.
Your spine is a very important, delicate structure and unlike teeth, it isn’t replaceable. Statistics have shown that only about 1/3 of all spinal surgeries can be deemed successful upon completion. A little preventative chiropractic care early in life can go a long way in maintaining your spinal health for years to come.
Tips to Prevent Back Pain:
While preventative care is one of the best ways to assure continued spinal health, there are some steps you can take at home in conjunction with regular care:
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities
- Maintain proper posture
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes
Whether you want to make smarter lifestyle decisions, improve techniques regarding your exercise routine, want to discuss the mechanics and importance of spinal health or you just need stress reduction through lifestyle modification and personal habits, preventative chiropractic care may be the solution you are looking for.
This newsletter/website is not intended to replace the services of a doctor. It does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information in this newsletter/website is for informational purposes only & is not a substitute for professional advice. Please do not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating any condition.